Battle for Texas
Battle for Texas is a special exhibition event at Texas Showdown, showcasing Texas' top fighters in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.
Three man teams representing each region will battle it out to determine the best in Texas!
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- San Antonio
- Rio Grande Valley (RGV)
- SETX (Southeast Texas)
- Each team will consist of 3 team members, and one alternate.
- Each member must have at least purchased a spectator or competitor badge by the time the exhibition starts.
- Each region will be responsible to form their own team, whether it be by consensus or by a tournament.
- Each member of the region they are representing must live within a 60 mile radius of the center of the city.
- For San Antonio and Austin, it will be a 40 mile radius if said member lives near I-35.
- Each player matchup will be best 2 of 3 matches.
During the exhibition, each member will have their character locked for the entirety of the tournament. Choose wisely!
We will be utilizing Team Battle mode through out the event.
Preliminaries will consist of Round Robin.
A win is counted when all members of the opposing team have been eliminated.
Top 4 teams in Round Robin will move to the semifinal round and will be seeded according to record.
- The head to head matchup will determine the tie breaker.
- In the case of a multiple team tie, best record against the other teams will determine on who's on top.
- If there is still a tie, head to head matchup record will break the tie.
Top 4 teams will be seeded according to record, and becomes a single elimination tournament.
Winning team gets $300!
Hunt for the Dragon Balls
As a token of appreciation for Dragon Ball FighterZ, we're adding a fun little subevent to the DBFZ tournament!
- There will be 7 dragon balls randomly assigned to a tournament matchgiven to a participant of the DBFZ tournament.
- It is entirely possible that a pool can have multiple dragon balls!
- In order to earn a dragon ball, you must ELIMINATE one of the dragon ball holders in the tournament.
- If you eliminate an opponent that has multiple dragon balls, then you will gain all of your opponent's dragon balls.
- The person who collects all seven dragon balls will win $150!
We know that cosplay is part of the FGC culture, so we're proud to offer our first Cosplay contest! Hosted by
Lana Marie, we will be awarding $250 to the best costume at Texas Showdown 2018.
- You must have a spectator or competitor badge in order to enter the contest.
- Cosplay must be a character from any fighting game. If you need some reference, please refer to the Game List for Texas Showdown 2018.
- Contest will be on Saturday, May 5th, 2018.
- Any time from 12PM-7PM, please check in with Lana Marie in order to record your entry. A pic will be taken so your costume will be judged by a panel.
- The winner will be determined by Lana Marie and a panel of random judges, and announced at 8PM on the PA system.