1. Make a smash.gg account and fill in the appropriate information if you haven’t already! Having an account and it being a verified account will make it easier for our volunteers, staff, and yourself to locate and find you for matches during Pool Play.
2. Whether it’s on email or at your registration page on smash.gg it will have a QR Code on it. (see pic below)
- make sure you show that QR code for our Registration Team to scan to expedite the Check-In Process!
3. Now for the fun part! To head towards the Registration Desk at the venue, head towards the Foyer area of the Hilton Post Oak, and look for our lovely Registration Team, who are front and center waiting for you after you get checked by Security. Be sure to buy some of our lovely merch while you’re at it. Word has it the Cowboy Ryu shirt is SUPER limited - also grab a sleek track jacket!
4. Once your QR Code gets scanned and you’re checked-in, log into your smash.gg account to find out exactly what Wave you’re in as well as the exact Pool you’re in (if applicable). This is by far THE best way to figure out exactly where and when you’ll be playing the games you registered for at our event.
5. If you’re registering on-site (for the games that allow it), be sure to provide the correct information to the Registration Staff (full name, email, etc.) - doing this helps you out in the long-run for future FGC events as well and you’ll be able to see where you are in a given tournament bracket and so forth.
6. This is very, very important! Make sure you report to the TXS Judge in-charge of the pool and/or bracket you’re competing in! A good idea would be to show up roughly 10 minutes or so prior to the scheduled start time to get familiarized with that Judge and check-in with them physically as well. To avoid getting any unnecessary DQs, make sure you hang out in the vicinity of the bracket runner. This applies to check-in, accurately recording match results (ideally the Winner reports to the Judge), and to notify them of any issues should they arise.
7. Most importantly, be courteous of others - this goes for the staff, vendors, and fellow attendees as well! Be excellent to one another, and if you see something, say something! The TXS Staff and Volunteers will work their best to get it sorted as best as we can.
Texas Showdown LLC © 2019. All Rights Reserved.